Thursday, June 28, 2012

Hunky Dory !


Hunky Buns Dory !


Now while enjoying the sheer delights of the new seasons of True Blood and Teen 'Abs' Wolf and of course TNT's Dallas  . I came across this film today ' Hunky Dory ' . Now Admitly the above picture caught my eye and the fact that the movie takes place around the scorching summer of 1976 which was quite a hot summer for all sorts of reasons for me . I thought you know what ,  I'll have a peak at the trailer .



Another Country ?



Make Mine a Whopper !


Swoon !


The new Abercrombie and Fitch promo ?


What a zingy trailer it was too , as in the summer of 1976, keen drama teacher Vivienne 
(Minnie Driver ) fights sweltering heat and general teenage apathy to put on an end of year music version of Shakespeare's The Tempest . How fabulous is that ? . Im guessing though were not going to see any inflatable on inflatable action , but rather a sweet and breezy tale , which Austrailian film makers always seem to really well . 'A Heart Beat Away ' comes to mind . Lets finish though with just one more picture of the swoonsome Aneurin Barnard who plays Davey in Hunky Dory .



Aneurin Barnard


2 comments:

Arion said...

It sure looks like the kind of movie I would enjoy. Great looking actors. I'll try to find it.

Meanwhile, I just posted a comment about Savage Grace. Feel free to tell me what you think of it.

casey jones said...

Thanks Arion , I did a reply to you a week to a go , but it appears my reply vanished . How odd .